2011 world series game 6
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Mike Napoli throws a seed to third base, and Matt Holliday is picked off, abruptly derailing what seemed to be a prime situation for a Cardinals rally. Amazon.ca - Buy Mlb 2011 World Series Game 6 at a low price; free shipping on qualified orders. Many historical player head shots courtesy of David Davis. By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. We rely on readers like you to uphold a free press. I eat, sleep, and breathe Cardinal baseball, and for as long as I live I don't think I'll ever forget the events of game 6 of the 2011 World Series. Email Bio Follow . Do you have a blog? The Rangers would answer with back-to-back home runs by Adrian Beltre and Nelson Cruz to take the lead, (and almost all hope) from the Redbirds. The date was October 21, 1975, and it was called “The Greatest Game Ever Played”, and for a long time, it really was. Some defensive statistics Copyright © Baseball Info Solutions, 2010-2020. Become a Stathead & surf this site ad-free. The Cardinals never-say-die credo in a must win situation is what makes this game such a remarkable feat. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. Then it didn't. Find out more. Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated? Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. SoundCloud. October 27, 2011 Box Score The box score below is an accurate record of events for the baseball contest played on October 27, 2011 at . Or write about sports? Please try again. Please download one of our supported browsers. Next batter, Albert Pujols, in what many believed to be his last at-bat in a Cardinal’s uniform. Tags: 2011 World Series Game 6, baseball, Lance Berkman, St. Louis Cardinals. Josh Hamilton stepped to the plate in the 10th, and Elvis Andrus on first base. Today, the Commerce Comet would, RIP Bob Gibson. There were two outs, and in the blink of an eye, Freese was down in the count, one ball, and two strikes. Many historical player head shots courtesy of David Davis. When Freese tied it I texted people, called people, and danced like a fool! Some defensive statistics Copyright © Baseball Info Solutions, 2010-2020. Many thanks to him. The game went to the ninth inning with the Rangers leading 7-5, and Texas called upon the fireballing arm of Feliz to close out the game and bring the Texas Rangers their first World Series title. 43 years old - baseball fan all my life, was actually cheering for the Rangers - most incredible game I ever saw. It will go down as one of the greatest World Series games. You'll probably find yourself skipping to the late innings most of the time. The back and forth drama in this big league battle really shows how exciting the game of baseball is - when tensions are high in a tightly drawn race to the finish. Join our linker program. Will he be next unanimous #, RIP Mickey Mantle. … May 18, 2013. My dad and I attended game 6 of the 2011 World Series and were lucky enough to see possibly THE GREATEST game in World Series history. Do you have a blog? By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. The man many called “The Natural” swatted a majestic, booming home run off Jason Motte, giving the Rangers a two run lead, and another chance to close the book on a championship. Subscribe to our Free Newsletter, This Month in Sports ReferenceFind out when we add a feature or make a change. Or write about sports? Much of the play-by-play, game results, and transaction information both shown and used to create certain data sets was obtained free of charge from and is copyrighted by RetroSheet. So I’ll set the stage for you a little bit. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. Here are the KMOX radio and Fox Sports TV calls to the best moments over the last couple innings. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Good job MLB for recognizing this early and putting this out. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. All images are property the copyright holder and are displayed here for informational purposes only. Do you have a sports website? Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Amazing research on Baseball Alman, It’s National Chewing Gum Day. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Game 6 of the 2011 world series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Texas Rangers had one of the best endings to any world series game ever. ESPN continues MLB Encore Tuesdays, a series of classic game broadcasts, this week at 7 p.m. The Cardinals looked like a team trying to save face after manager Tony La Russa’s misadventures with his bullpen the night before, resulting in having the incorrect pitcher out of the bullpen twice in the late innings. St. Louis Cardinals beat Texas Rangers (10-9). Much of the play-by-play, game results, and transaction information both shown and used to create certain data sets was obtained free of charge from and is copyrighted by RetroSheet. 1975, Game 6 was not ultimately the final game of the series, but was so fiercely fought that many believed it had so deflated Texas, they simply could not bring themselves to finish the job. Need help? One out. I had basically accepted defeat entering the bottom of the 9th. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. National baseball writer. Set b, Copyright 1999-2020. See reviews & details on a wide selection of Blu-ray & DVDs, both new & used. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? If there was ever a time for an MVP to be, well… an MVP, this was it.

Simpson University Contact, Cordless Hedge Trimmer B&q, Ar Chemistry Name, Rye Beaumont Height, Cordless Hedge Trimmer B&q,