tina charles 2019
2016: Appeared in 32 games making 32 starts… Led the WNBA in scoring (21.5 ppg) and rebounding (9.9 rpg) becoming just the 3rd player in league history to win the scoring and rebounding statistical titles in the same season… Named 2016 All-WNBA First Team… Finished 2nd in the WNBA Most Valuable Player voting… Posted a league-leading 20 double-doubles and scored in double figures 31 times… Swept the WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month Awards for the 2016 season, winning for May, June, July, and August/September, becoming the first player in league history to sweep the award for a season and the first to win four-straight Player of the Month accolades… Named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week seven times, a new WNBA single-season record (May 24, June 6, June 20, June 27, July 6, July 25, Sept. 12)… Won her 2nd Olympic Gold Medal competing for the U.S. Women’s National Team at the 2016 Summer Games in Rio; started every game during the Olympic tournament for the United States… Named a finalist for the 2016 Sports Humanitarian of the Year Award. Our data provider is having technical issues, live scoring and stats are impacted. The Las Vegas Aces announced on July 4 that star center Liz Cambage will likely miss the 2020 WNBA season. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Charles was the overall #1 pick in the 2010 WNBA draft, selected by the Connecticut Sun. 2015: Named to the 2015 All-WNBA First Team… Named to the 2015 WNBA All-Defensive Second Team… Voted a starter for the 2015 WNBA All-Star Game (4th All-Star appearance and second time voted a starter)… Named the Eastern Conference Player of the Month for July… Named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week on July 20 and again on August 3… Finished third in the voting for league MVP… Started all 34 games …Averaged 17.1 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2.4 assist and 31.0 minutes per games… Ranked 2nd in the league in rebounding (8.5), 4th in scoring (17.1) and 7th in minutes (31.0)…Scored in double figures 34 times (including playoffs) and had a team-high 15 double doubles… Tied for the league lead with 12 regular season double-doubles… Playoff averages of 20.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 4.0 apg… Scored at least 22 points in 4-of-6 playoff games… Season high of 31 points against Connecticut (6/5)… Recorded 100th-career double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds in a win over Atlanta (6/21)… Eclipsed 3,000-career points in a win at Washington, scoring 21 with 10 rebounds; tied for the 10th-fastest player in WNBA history to reach the 3,000-point plateau, doing so in 175-career games (7/9)… Erupted for 30 points (14-24 FG), scoring 12 points in the 4th quarter, her 3rd 30-point game as a member of the Liberty, to lead New York to an 81-77 comeback win at Seattle (7/21)… Reined in her 2,000th-career rebound, the 18th player in WNBA history to do so, in posting a double-double of 16 points and 13 rebounds in a win over Connecticut (9/9)… Scored 22 points with a team-high 5 assists and 8 rebounds while playing a career-playoff high 45 minutes in game one of the Eastern Conference Semifinals against Washington (9/18)… Became just the third player in WNBA history to post at least 18 points, 7 rebounds and 9 assists in a playoff game, doing so in a win over Indiana in game one of the Eastern Conference Finals (9/23). Copyright 2019 NBAE (Photo by Matteo Marchi/NBAE via Getty Images), LAS VEGAS, NV - JULY 26: Tina Charles of the New York Liberty walks the orange carpet prior to the Welcome Reception at the Delano during the 2019 WNBA All-Star on July 26 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Though I want very much to compete with my team, to be a leader and show up for them, I am not comfortable with the risk to my physical health – short-term and long-term – given the many unknowns of COVID-19 and the risk of injury. In a statement, she said: This has been one of the toughest decisions of my career but I will be foregoing the 2020 WNBA season. In 2019, she averaged 14.6 points and 9.7 rebounds per game, was a legitimate MVP candidate and led the Sun through a five-game WNBA Finals series with the eventual champion Washington Mystics. Charles (rest) is not listed on the injury report for Tuesday's game against Washington. Cambage, who averaged 23.6 points and 11.4 rebounds during the playoffs last year, joins Jonquel Jones of the Connecticut Sun as arguably the best player in the league to opt out so far. Holds the 3rd and 4th highest single-season rebounding total in WNBA history (398 in 2010 and 374 in 2011), Became the fastest player in WNBA history to record 400, 500, 600 and 700 career rebounds, First player in WNBA history to record three games with 20-points and 20-rebounds, Has 10-career 30-point games, 7 of which have come with the Liberty (Last – 36 points vs. Dallas on June 2, 2017), Set WNBA record 23 double-doubles in a season in 2011, New York Liberty all-time leading rebounder with 1,243 as a member of the Liberty, Established rookie records for most rebounds in a game with 23 and double-doubles in a season with 22, Unanimous choice for WNBA Rookie of the Year in 2010. The Liberty’s all-time scoring leader was foundational for New York on both sides of the ball, averaging 31.2 minutes per game, which ranks ninth in the WNBA’s 2019 regular season. Charles should be back to taking on a full workload Tuesday. {{ player.hanaInfo.TEAM_ABBREVIATION }} • 2017). Ogwumike was the No. Charles added 23 points (10-25 FG, 0-1 3Pt, 3-3 FT), 14 rebounds, three assists, three blocks and one steal during Tuesday's 82-76 road win at Indiana. Also had 4 assists and 3 blocks against Seattle (7/6)…Finished with 21 points and 7 rebounds. Coming off a poor offensive performance three days prior, Charles bounced backed and added a team-best 19 points as well as grabbing 11 rebounds to mark her eighth double-double of the season. Allen averaged 7.2 points per game in 2019. On June 23, Tiffany Hayes of the Atlanta Dream became the third star player to opt out of the 2020 WNBA season. La cantante Tina Charles (de nombre real Tina Hoskins), nació el 10 de marzo de 1954 en Whitechapel, Londres, y alcanzó el éxito como cantante disco a finales de los años 70. 1 overall picks A’ja Wilson and Angel McCoughtry, as well as sharpshooter Kayla McBride. 2019: Started and appeared in 33 games in the 2019 season… Led the team with 16.9 PPG, 7.5 RPG and 2.4 APG…Scored a season-high 32 points against the Indiana Fever during the New York Liberty home opener on May 24…Finished 2019 with five double-doubles and fourteen 20-point plus games…Was selected as a 7x WNBA All-Star, Eastern Conference Player of the Week…Passed Vickie Johnson to become the franchise’s all-time leading scorer… Moved to fifth on WNBA’s all-time rebounding list…Season high 14 rebounds (2X), 6 Assists vs Chicago Sky, 3 Blocks (4X) and 8 Double-Doubles. Given her play last season -- 16.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists per game -- this is a huge loss for Washington. The worst team in the league in 2019 with an 8-26 record, Atlanta has now lost two key pieces, leaving a lot of pressure on new additions Courtney Williams and Chennedy Carter, the latter of whom was the No. Charles also earned her 7th WNBA All Star selection during the 2019 season. There are a lot of factors that led to this decision, but the biggest one is that I am more than an athlete. No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form. This was one of the toughest decisions I’ve made but the resurgence and unknown aspects of COVID-19 have raised serious health concerns that I do not feel comfortable competing in. Although a disappointing season on the offensive end, averaging almost three-less points per contest while shooting a career-worst 38.9 percent from the floor, the former MVP posted solid statistical contributions overall with increases from the 2018 season in rebounds and blocks (7.5 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per contest). Former Storm player Noelle Quinn has been promoted to associate head coach. The uncertainty of the COVID-19 crisis and the logistical health risks related to travel have led me to conclude that it’s best if I not play in the WNBA this year. I am thankful to be in good health and looking forward to supporting Coach Klopp and the staff and players in any way I can this season. Toliver has won two WNBA championships and is a dangerous 3-point weapon. 1 hit "I Love to Love (But My Baby Loves to Dance)" in 1976. The Mystics acquired Charles from the Liberty on Wednesday in a three-team deal that also involved the Wings, Doug Feinberg of The Associated Press reports. 2 overall pick in the 2019 draft. Won WNBA record 4-straight Player of the Month awards in 2016. The Washington Mystics acquiring Tina Charles on April 15 was one of the most significant moves in the WNBA ifn free agency, but now Charles has announced she will not play in 2020 due to extrinsic asthma, a preexisting condition that makes her more vulnerable to the coronavirus. Charles has been given the "core player" designation by the Liberty for the 2020 season, High Post Hoops reports. 9, 12 and 15 overall picks in the 2020 WNBA Draft and Washington's second- and third-round picks in 2021 along with Tayler Hill and Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, while Dallas takes back Washington's first-round pick in 2021 and New York's second-round pick in 2021 in the blockbuster. Wishing the entire league and everyone involved a healthy and enjoyable season. In a statement, the six-year player said of her decision: This has absolutely been one of the toughest decisions, but after much thought and discussions, I have decided to opt out of the 2020 season in Florida. 2012: WNBA Most Valuable Player… Appeared in 33 games with 33 starts … Set a new franchise scoring record, averaging 18 points per game … Became the first player in WNBA history to record a third 20-20 game, collecting 23 points and 22 rebounds in a win at Atlanta (6/17) … Won her third straight rebounding title, averaging 10.5 rebounds per game … Led the Sun in scoring, rebounding, made field goals, field goal attempts and minutes … Finished tied for first in the league with 18 double-doubles … Led the WNBA with 250 made field goals … Ranked No. Copyright 2020 NBA Media Ventures, LLC | Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Grabbed 7 rebounds and handed out a team-high 4 assists in win over Indiana (8/8)… Scored a game-high 25 points in a comeback win at Indiana. Early life. After a spectacular career at Louisville, Durr was the No. Veteran forward and Queens native Tina Charles averaged 16.9 points and 7.5 rebounds per game, making her the league’s sixth overall leading scorer. Tina scored a season-high 32 points during the team’s home opener against the Indiana Fever on May 24.

Price Code In Oracle, Second Chance Act Nc Form, 2014 Toyota Highlander Specs, Flakpanzer Iv Möbelwagen, Roblox Sword Tool, Grey And Brown Bedroom Furniture, Tangled Flower Song Lyrics, Ford Ltd Crown Victoria 2 Door For Sale, H1 Led Bulb Autozone, Wife In Malayalam Meaning, Mdi Gurgaon Mba Fees, Powerhouse International Canada,